John Legend and Bruno Mars hit the stage at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards to serenade the audience. Check out their performances and peep the top behind-the-scenes moments you may have missed inside…
Taking a break from his Darkness and Light Tour, John Legend made his way to the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas to hit the stage during the 2017 Billboard Music Awards.
The R&B crooner joined forces with Florida Georgia’s Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelly for a soulful-country style performance. They performed a mashup of their hits “H.O.L.Y.” and “Surefire.”
Peep their performance below:
For another performance...
We thought Bruno Mars was going to hit the stage to perform one (or both) of his hit tracks “24K Magic” or “That’s What I Like.” But, he decided to perform a track that showed off his vocal ability.
For the last performance of the night, Bruno livestreamed from Amsterdam during his tour stop. He performed his third single, “Versace On The Floor,” from his latest LP, 24K Magic. And he killed it.
Let's get into these behind-the-scenes moments:
1. During Drake’s acceptance speech after winning the Top Billboard 200 Album award, Drizzy was busy shooting his shot at co-host Vanessa Hudgens. His Young Money label mate Nicki Minaj got all in her feelings when Drizzy complimented Vanessa on how amazing she looks. The camera panned over to Nicki and you can see her mouth the words, “What about me?!”:
— People Magazine (@people) May 22, 2017
2. It was a BIG night for Drake as he copped the new record for winning the most Billboard Music Awards in one night. He scooped up a total of 13 awards, beating Adele’s old record. Congrats!
He won 10 awards in the early non-televised award announcements and 3 more during the telecast, including Top Male Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album and Top Artist.
Peep his acceptance speeches below:
3. In the audience, Drizzy caught up with funnyman Kevin Hart and captioned their photo-op perfectly. Ha!
4. Backstage, celebuspawns of legends were busy linking up with a few Hip Hop legends:
Biggie's son CJ and Michael Jackson's son Prince Jackson were all smiles snapping it up with Diddy and Drake.
— billboard (@billboard) May 22, 2017
5. Drake's dad Dennis Graham stole the show with his purple suit and purple shoes:
And he was READY...with a bottle and all:
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) May 22, 2017
6. Looks like rapper Desiigner is a huge fan of Celine Dion:
Gotta love it.
1. Paris Jackson just booked a gig as a presenter at the CFDA Fashion Awards. STORY
Photos: Getty/BBMA's Twitter