After officials being in talks Jennifer Hudson to create a tribute at tomorrow night's Grammy awards for the late Whitney Houston, it's now been confirmed. Details inside...
Executive Producer of the Grammy Awards, Ken Erlich, announced just a while ago that Jennifer Hudson will indeed perform a tribute to Whitney Houston during tomorrow night's big show.
No show details have been released, but Ken did say that it is simply too early for a full out large scale tribute outside.
Other developing details about Whitney's untimely death:
- Whitney was reportedly found unresponsive in her hotel bathroom.
- Clive Davis just arrived to his pre-Grammy party around 9:30pm PST, with Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys by his side.
- New Hope Baptist Church, where Whitney grew up, in Newark, NJ, will have services start at 6:30am Sunday in her honor all throughout the day. Her mother, Cissy, is still a member.
- Whitney's mother Cissy reportedly talked to Whitney approx. 30 minutes before she died, and Cissy, who is reportedly hysterical, says nothing seemed unusual.
- Whitney's cousin Dionne Warwick also reportedly called Whitney beforehand about the seating arrangements for Clive's party, and she also says nothing sounded unusual.
- Police are trying to get a search warrant for Whitney's hotel room.
- Statement from Mayor of Newark Cory Booker (Whitney's hometown): "A legend has died. As the world mourns the loss of one of the all-time greats, we in Newark feel an especially deep sadness. She went from a Newark church to global stage, but he always remained a deep part of our pride and collective heart."
- Statement from Pastor TD Jakes (Producer of her new movie Sparkle): "We are deeply saddened by the tragic and untimely passing of Whitney Houston, whom we were blessed to have just completed work with on the remake of the film "Sparkle." We ask the world to join us in lifting up Whitney's family in prayer and ask God for their strength and comfort during this devastatingly difficult time. At the apex of her career, Whitney had no peer, with a voice that shaped a generation. She has left behind a musical and film legacy that will endure.... she will be sorely missed by us all."
Whitney singing at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, NJ when she was a kid.