Jury deliberations in the Blac Chyna vs. Kardashian-Jenners lawsuit have begun. Chyna’s ex-lawyer - one of her legal team's own witnesses - delivered a damaging testimony about season 2 of “Rob & Chyna.”
Also, the judge denied Chyna’s request to redo her testimony after she was “triggered” during cross-examination. Details inside…
Judge Gregory Alarcon ruled that Kim Kardashian did not defame Blac Chyna, scoring a partial victory for the Kardashian-Jenners. The judge threw out Chyna's defamation claim against Kim, ruling the Skims honcho made no defamatory statements against Rob's ex, according to TMZ.
The jury is still deliberating on the defamation claims against the other members of the Kardashian Klan, as well as a claim they intentionally derailed Chyna's reality show.
The Blac Chyna vs. Kardashian-Jenners trial is coming to a close.
Jurors will determine whether each of the Kardashian defendants either lied about Blac Chyna abusing Rob Kardsahian, or spread the word about it with reckless disregard for the truth.
Each defendant - Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Khloe Kardashian and Kris Jenner - should be assessed individually for their alleged part canceling Season 2 of “Rob & Chyna.” They will reportedly deliberate on whether each family member illegally interfered with Chyna’s "Rob & Chyna" contract with the E! network.
The judge reportedly told the 12 jurors that they should take into consideration that Chyna might have deliberately hid her finances when she didn’t provide any financial statements, tax returns or other documents pertaining to her income or expenses, despite being given almost six years to file those documents.
Before the jurors convened (April 28th), they heard damaging testimony from Chyna’s ex-lawyer, who was one of her legal team’s own witnesses!
Walter Mosley - Chyna’s former manager & attorney - testified that Season 2 of "Rob & Chyna" never officially received the greenlight during cross-examination by Michael G. Rhodes, the Kardashian-Jenners’ family lawyer. There was no Season 2 to have axed, according to Chyna’s former lawyer.
His testimony is damaging since Chyna’s entire $140 million lawsuit rests on allegations that Kris and her daughters were responsible for ending her reality show she starred in with her ex-fiance, Rob Kardashian.
Business Insider reports:
Mosley told jurors that after season one ended, he was increasingly sidelined as an executive producer but nevertheless was "focused on getting season two on its feet."
He added that he entered into negotiations with NBC Universal, E!'s parent company, about the future of the show, which turned into the network offering Chyna an amended contract.
Chyna had acknowledged under Rhodes' questioning Thursday that a February 21, 2017, agreement with the E! Network contained her signature. The agreement, drawn up as Chyna and Rob Kardashian continued to lash out at each other in public — gave the network five additional months to decide whether the show would have a second season.
The agreement paid Chyna a $100,000 kill fee upon the series' demise. The same agreement paid her a $370,000 flat fee for additional appearances on "Keeping Up With the Kardashians."
On the flip side, Lynne Ciani - Chyna’s current lawyer - argued Chyna never signed the amended E! contract. Walter Mosley testified he did not personally witness Chyna sign the amendment.
During her testimony last week, Chyna said the signature on the contract appeared to be hers, but she did not recall signing the document. She also confirmed she received the $100,000 kill fee.
Even after being on the stand for 11-hours, Chyna felt she needed more time to explain herself further, so she put in a request to redo her testimony.
According to reports, Chyna’s attorney argued the mother-of-two should be able to take the stand again due to being “triggered” by nude photos of herself that were shown during her initial cross-examination. She argued Chyna’s testimony was affected after seeing the intimate photos.
Well, Judge Gregory Alarcon wasn’t here for it and denied her request. He felt after being on the stand for a total of 11 hours, she had plenty of time to raise other issues and concerns.
The reality star also motioned the judge to subpoena financial earnings from the short-lived series in question. However, Chyna was denied the motion.
Blac Chyna (real name Angela Renee White) is suing the Kardashian-Jenners for more than $140 million with claims that they shut down the second season of her reality show, “Rob & Chyna,” and ruined her reality TV career. In the lawsuit (that was filed in 2017) against Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Khloe Kardashian and their mother, Kris Jenner, Chyna alleges they each had a hand in getting “Rob & Chyna” off the air after one season. Chyna also alleged Rob was physically and verbally abusive towards her.
In defense, Rob and his family testified that Chyna, the mother of his five-year-old daughter DreamKardashian, was the abusive one. Rob accused Chyna of beating him with a metal rod, choking him with an iPhone cord, and putting an unloaded gun to his head during an explosive argument, sharing that Chyna was allegedly strung out on drugs and alcohol. He also said he never had "real love" for her despite proposing to her and getting her pregnant.
The famous family argues the show ended because Chyna and Rob broke up and the show was centered around their relationship. In court, Kris made claims that she "did not have any influence over the E! network" and didn't "know what they were filming" for season 2.
Chyna is seeking $109,635,021 in economic damages, plus an additional $36 million in general damages for emotional distress. She sued the family with accusations of defamation, assault, battery, domestic violence and interference with prospective economic relations.
Are you Team Chyna or Team Kardashian-Jenners?
Photo: Jamie Lamor Thompson/Shutterstock/Backgrid