Lil Wayne's health has taken a severe turn again, and he's been hospitalized in Chicago. Full story inside...
Rapper Lil Wayne's history of epilepsy has come back to haunt him again. The Young Money honcho pulled out of a gig after being hospitalized for multiple seizures in Chicago.
Multiple sources tell us Wayne was hospitalized Sunday in Chicago after he was found unconscious in his hotel room at the Westin on Michigan Avenue after suffering at least one seizure.
He was rushed to Northwestern Memorial, where we're told he suffered yet another seizure. Our sources say his team tried to have him discharged late Sunday afternoon so he could make it to his Vegas show.
Hours later, Lil Wayne's team confirmed he had been hospitalized for seizures and his Sunday night gig at Drais Beach Club in Vegas was cancelled:
However, doctors advised against the discharge, saying he should be grounded for a few days. Wayne has suffered seizures while flying before, and the doctors felt it was too risky. He very well may still be at the hospital.
A rep for Wayne confirms he suffered multiple seizures and his Vegas show has been canceled. We're told he's currently resting.
Wayne's daughter and ex-wife Toya Wright and Reginae Carter have been mum about his status. And hopefully in this case, no news is good news.
They spent the last few days celebrating LudaDay Weekend and a friend's birthday party: