We’ve been obsessing over Ciara’s golden braided crown that she rocked at the H&M show yesterday at Paris Fashion Week. And guess what? Celebrity stylist Cesar Ramirez just gave us the low down on how to achieve the look. Get it inside…
Ciara was ultimate #hairgoals when she popped up on the Paris Fashion Week scene. The R&B singer hit up the H&M runway show rocking a golden tribal inspired braided crown that we fell in love with.
It was something different for CiCi as she’s known for wearing long, flowy tresses. Braided styles are poppin’ right now and the “I Bet” singer was perfectly on trend. It was definitely a risky move, and not everyone loved it. But for those who did:
If you’re looking to recreate her fab braided crown, we’ve got you covered. Cesar Ramirez, MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez, created her ‘do after sitting in on her fitting. He dished on the inspiration behind the braided style saying,
“I usually always attend Ciara’s fittings. It helps me get inspired and prepare for the looks we will be doing. When I saw the look at the H&M showroom, I wanted to play off the fun patterns in the dress. I immediately thought something tribal, twisted, dreaded and maybe frizzy would complete her look.”
It was the perfect look for her, especially after her trip to Lagos, Nigeria.
Here’s how YOU can re-create her ‘do below with the products Cesar used (or similar products of your choosing):
- To start, Cesar parted the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, he zigzag parted to create an invisible part in the back.
- Next, Cesar started braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI DEFYNE WAX to really detail the braids. Once he started braiding off the head, he switched to a fishtail braid.
- Cesar then took a separate bundle of loose hair (custom blended) to match her color and made a long separate fishtail braid.
- He crossed and hair pinned the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pinned in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
- Cesar then pulled on each strand of each braid and lightly sprayed MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this created all the loose frizzy texture.
- Cesar finished the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.
There you have it. If any of you ladies (or men, we love it all around these parts) decide to try the look, share a pic in the comments below!
Photos: Getty/Cesar's IG/Russell's IG